It would be great if you could break bread with us on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. as we, the Newark Community Food System collective (NCFS), take on grassroots initiatives around sustainable living practices and the positive impact of urban agriculture on community health. The collective will also encourage collaboration and social entrepreneurship as a means to create tangible and sustainable solutions for environmental and social issues. Beyond the food system, we also aim to influence renewable energy, the visual arts, ecological building, and health care. Click link to read full press release: Newark residents collaborate to create healthy, sustainable communities
*Harvest Table Fresh Food Eatery (Newark, NJ)
*Nubian Flavor Restaurant (Newark, NJ)
*Rutgers VETS Program
*Annemarie Prince & Christine John Baptiste
*Karl With A K
*Li’za Donnell Woodard (DJ Sassi)
*I’Asia L. Deyo
*NJIT Honors Program (volunteers)
And all those who supported this event.
Looking forward to collaborating with you all in 2017. Onward and upward….
“Branching Communities Together”
4th Annual Sustainable Living Empowerment Conference
Saturday, April 23, 2016, at Saint Peter’s University in the McIntyre Lounge located at 2641 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07306, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. the 4th Annual Sustainable Living Empowerment Conference presents inspiring speakers and thought-provoking roundtable discussions. This intimate, community-driven conference is meant to move people in a way to want to be the change that they would like to see in the world. It is also an opportunity for organizers and grassroots organizations to come together under one roof, share ideas, and move their respective mission(s) forward.
Attendees will be inspired and empowered by our panelist and roundtable discussions in a way where they become active participants toward the goal of building healthy, sustainable communities. Empowerment is a multidimensional social process that helps people gain control over their own lives. It is a process that fosters power in people for use in their own lives, communities and in society by acting on issues they define as important.
Free and open to the public, this event is being organized by Newark Science and Sustainability, Inc. [Newark SAS] with the support of Vaibrenta Holistics & Creative Community Action, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, Forward Ever Sustainable Business Alliance, Saint Peter’s University (Department of Political Science, Social Justice Program, Public Policy Program, Sustainability Committee), and many others.
Taking the approach of social entrepreneurship, Newark SAS is a community-driven, 501c3 nonprofit organization that strive to assist with the creation of self-sustaining communities by developing pathways for green jobs that contribute to self-sufficiency and community empowerment.
Become a Sponsor
- Sponsors can support by providing healthy food & beverages;
- Make a monetary donation to contribute toward the overall budget;
- Cover the expense for one of the budget items related to this event;
- Through in-kind contribution volunteer their time and service;
- Facilitate a roundtable discussion; and/or
- Be a panelist and participate in a discussion regarding poverty, health & wellness and ecological sustainability.
Facilitate A Roundtable Discussion on One of the Following Topics or Suggest Your Own
- A Living Wage is Essential to a Sustainable Economy
- Social Determinants of Health and the Role of Education
- The Congregation, Health and Wellness
- Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities through Urban Agriculture
- Climate Justice and Becoming a Climate Resilient Community
- Public Health and Community Impact
- Volunteerism as a Means to Build and Strengthen Community
- Healing Communities through Education & Community Development
- Art Transforms Communities
- Holistic and Spiritual Wellness
- Transitioning Neighborhoods from Poverty to Sustainable
For additional information or to become a sponsor contact organizer Tobias Fox at email@example.com.